Campfire Program Volunteer/ Winter- Spring 2016
- Organization: Global Nomads Group
- Location: Amman, Jordan
- Opportunity Date: Immediate
- Preffered days to volunteer:
- Preffered time to volunteer: Morning
- Added on: Tue, 20 Dec 2016
- Age Range: 20-25
- Number of volunteers:
Global Nomads Group (GNG) is an international NGO that aims to foster dialogue and
understanding among the world’s youth. Since its founding in 1998, GNG has reached more
than one million young people. With offices in New York, US and Amman, Jordan, GNG has
been recognized as a leader in the fields of global education and virtual exchange.
Our flagship program, Campfire , connects students to the people and places they often only
read about, to learn firsthand about the issues affecting the world, via innovative technology.
Learn more about Campfire here: http://gng.org/campfire
GNG Jordan is currently seeking motivated Jordanian volunteers to support implementation of its virtual
exchange program; Campfire program. We partner with her majesty Queen Rania’s Madrasati
initiative to implement the program with schools around the country.
As a Campfire program volunteer, you will work closely with a Campfire educator and his/her
group of students to support with on-ground Campfire activities in the following areas:
● Visit school twice a week to support onsite activity implementation.
● Support the educator in implementing activities with student groups.
● Support in clarifying activity instructions to students.
● Help students craft interactive posts in English that align with activity content on
GNG’s online platform.
● Flagging and reporting platform errors when they arise.
● Report weekly to Program Lead on the group’s progress.
● Check-in with educator on activity progress before session.
● Passionate about engaging youth in cross-cultural connections and see the value
in harnessing innovative media and technologies to achieve this goal.
● You are a proficient in reading and writing the English language.
● An undergraduate-level students (seniors preferred) Fresh graduates are
● Comfortable with navigating online discussion forums.
● The Campfire club will begin in mid- February and will last for ten weeks. The activities
take 4 hours per week; 2 hours on Saturdays and 2 hours on a school day determined by
the school administration. The volunteer is to be available for both days.
● Volunteers will receive a stipend for transportation fees to school.
This is a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals to gain professional volunteering
experience in fast-paced, nonprofit environment. Selected candidates will receive a one-day
training workshop to develop understanding of the Campfire program and the tasks required.
● Please send a resume to volunteer @gng.org ; subject line “Spring 2016: Campfire
Program Volunteer .”
● Your e-mail should include a paragraph describing your interest in volunteering with
- Very good English language profiency.
- Familiar with technology navigation,Google Drive and social media platforms.
- Leadership Skills.
- Communication Skills