About the organization
The King Abdullah II Fund for Development (KAFD) was established by a royal decree in 2001 as a non-governmental organization. Its aim was to support the Jordanian community by driving human and infrastructure development. KAFD works to further develop key sectors in Jordan and improve local standards of living for all segments of the Jordanian community, targeting individuals, public and private sectors and civil society organizations.
KAFD’s vision is to serve as a leading and innovative organization working to promote sustainable progress and elevate the socioeconomic status and prosperity in Jordan.
- Supporting pioneering projects and activities in an aim to enhance national productivity and create employment opportunities that lead to improving Jordanians’ standards of living.
- Establishing pioneering developmental projects and companies across the Kingdom and offering technical support and consultation to develop them.
- Contributing to building citizens’ capacities and promoting their professional development.
- Creating programs and supporting activities that foster Jordanian youth’s innovation and excellence.
- Promoting entrepreneurship through supporting innovation projects, research, and development.
KAFD’s programs and projects serve individuals, groups, companies, and public and private institutions by fully observing the Fund's principles of transparency, productivity, profitability, sustainability, mutual cooperation, and effective funding. The fund hopes, through full observance of these principles, to achieve the envisioned economic and social impact while maintaining harmony with the modern economic mode of Jordan.
Projects & Programs
No listed projects or programs
No active volunteering opportunities